We had a great 4th of July. We got to hang out with good company and do lots of fun things. On Friday we all had the day off so we went to Gardner Village with Nans, Dad, Jaime and the girls. They loved walking around and seeing the ducks. Ali was about in tears that I did not bring any bread to feed to the ducks in the pond.


Picture time in the backyard.

Ms. Serious.



This little waterfall was at Gardner Village, so of course we had to stop for a picture.

Ali and Emily did a ton of sparklers. They were by far their favorite.

On Friday night we sat outside with the neighbors and lit fireworks, roasted marshmallows and just ran around waiting until we could watch the Eaglewood Fireworks. We had an awesome view and the best part about it was that we did not have to fight any traffic. The other best part of it was when Emily peed on my lap. Yeah, she was sitting on my lap all relaxed and all the sudden I felt really warm and then she started to say potty over and over again. That was quite the way to end the wonderful night.

Ali, Adria and Reagan watching the firework show.

Emily liked watching fireworks from the top of Matt's shoulders.

On Saturday Ali wanted to feed some ducks, so we took her and Emily to the Layton park to do just that. When the loaf of bread was gone we played at the park and then just relaxed under a nice big tree and had a picnic. It was so fun to just lay there and watch all the interesting people. We even saw a white poodle that had it's hair dyed Red, White and Blue. Despite the crowds, it was really fun and interesting to hear some of the interesting WT names that are out there. Ezekial was my favorite. The dad kept yelling Zeek over and over.

This is the ugliest duck, turkey, bird thing I have ever seen in my life. I have now idea what it is, but it was even more disgusting in person.

Cheesin' it up on the bridge by the ducks.

Ready, Set, Slide.

The girls could swing all day. Ali is really brave and loves underdogs, but Emily just likes to barely be pushed at all. She is my little scaredy cat on most everything.


Ali and Emily at Layton Park. It was really pretty there, and they have a huge park area.

Emily enjoying some fireworks.

This is Emily on the 4th of July at like 12:00 a.m. She was still wide awake, Ali was asleep in bed and she was just running around wild downstairs with us. The pajamas she is wearing are also Juliana's old pajamas. J wore them, Ali wore them, I even think Ellie wore them and now Emily is wearing them. I love it.
6 comments:
Their dresses are really cute! I love all the fun things and the peeing on your lap story is very priceless!
How fun! Their dresses are very festive! I wish I would've known you were in Layton! I was at the Layton Park most of the weekend also. We probably walked right past each other and didn't realize it. Cute pictures though!
I love the precious pictures. Did the girls get cute new haircuts? Yes, Ellie did wear those jammies and they were some of my favorites. I was sad when they were too small. Emily is such a big girl to be going on the potty, I guess the excitement was just too much. I think we got our engagement photos at that park in Layton. It looks very fun.
Darling pics of the girls! I want to go to Layton Park. I've never been there. Also, can we come to your house next year for firworks?
Yes, Peg, you can come to our house for Fireworks. I think that we should make it a big party every year. Hopefully they wont build behind us so that we can keep having great seats.
We took Cooper to the Layton park today to feed the ducks and saw the same duck turkey looking bird. My mom thinks it looks part rooster. Definitely more disgusting in person though!
Post a Comment